Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Half Marathon!!!

This past Saturday I ran in the Salt Lake City half-marathon! Yes, I finished, and no, I'm not sore. :) It was pretty interesting, actually. I felt really good, despite forgetting to bring my energy gel with me. It was really fun to see random people sitting out on their porch cheering us on. There were something like 10,000 participants, so it was pretty much a mad rush (ha, no pun intended). I didn't push myself super hard, I just wanted to run continuously and finish. I didn't stop the whole time and my pace race was 10:23, which is pretty slow, but I'm proud of myself! I finished in 2 hours and 16 minutes, so it was a pretty good run. It was a gorgeous day and half the time I was looking at the scenery and not even realizing what I was doing! It was an accomplishment for sure.

No comments: